Sunday, December 8, 2013

My son went fishing in Colorado with his boss and other friends last summer.  He took a photo of his boss and his dog and  commissioned me to paint him a picture from that photo.  This photo was very dark so had to imagine just what colors would be there at that time of the year.  This is a 16x20 oil on a Fredrix linen canvas panel, framed in a wide, oak and gold frame.  I like the linen panels as I don't worry about them getting punctured in shipping like I do a canvas.  I painted two for him to choose from, one vertical and one horizontal.  He chose this one as it is so much more detailed and that is what he likes in a painting.  It was fun and especially fun since my son really liked the finished painting.  He sent it to his boss.  I will post the other one next.

No comments: